I don't read many blogs...i browse through my friends and my favorites every once in a while...but ZEN HABITS has me hooked.
I am a mom. I am a wife. I am a cook. I am a housekeeper. I am an artist. I am a business owner. I am an assistant dance teacher (ok...I keep Addie's 3 year old dance class under control). I am a voice teacher. Bus driver (to Addie and Ian). I am a bill payer. I am a woman who loves time to myself. (when?)
Do you relate? Sure. Every woman I know has to be a master juggler. And ZEN HABITS (though written by a man) is starting to help me get the picture. Each day of the week is designated to a different topic (finance, organization, family, simplicity, health) and he writes about it.
He has 7 children, is a writer (meaning...there is right brain in him like me) and he believes in living minimalistically. It is beyond me, but I DESIRE to believe I can do the same (not the 7 kids part!!)
But keeping two kids, a studio, a happy husband and laundry all from flying out the window in complete chaos is a real art! I go through phases. Right now, I am needing to get back into the phase.
I need to have a picture in each of my posts ( I am a visual person...no. Really?) And so I leave you with a picture of me and my kids 2 days after Ian came home from the hospital. Remember now, that Addie and Ian are 12 months apart...so Addie, bless her, was still just a baby!

If any of you have any inspirations you find to keeping the balance, please share. It is always good to get good simple ideas!
But for right now, this site is making for a Happy Friday.




6 comments:
I loved his site. Really inspiring. I love reading yours too. Thanks for the modesty help!
dear sarah!
I am very sorry, but right now I can´t offer any good advice (beside to hear the song "sunscreen" - what helps sometimes) - just the opposite: I just sent out the toddler with her father to have the first inhale since days - and to have a peek into the nice blogs, because there´s not much good left for me these days - running a workshop, which doesn´t work really good, being 6 month pregnant, and the tantrumafficionado toddler - this is really hard...but having a good coffee and the imagination of oneself in a few years - and of course - a little bit scrolling through the blogs - and one can wipe the tears away!
I'll have to check out that blog, but I do love the picture so much, 12 months? You win. Mine are 16 and I thought that was close, you are the queen!
Sarah,
There isn't much I can tell you about being balances, esp after our talk when I came over the other week. BTW, thanks for staying awake to hang out! You were teaching me about being balanced...the whole yoga thing. I just say give enough time for yourself each day. Even if it is only 15 minutes.
Thanks for the reminder to check out this site... I've been meaning to for a while- it looks great! As for balance? Hmmm still working on that one. My goal is to have each day of the week organized and dedicated to specific tasks so that I feel like I'm accomplishing something. Ie: Monday-laundry, Tuesdays grocery shopping, Wednesdays-mop Thursdays-laundry Fridays-vacuum Saturday-mop and enjoy Sundays with the fam. Like I say- I'm still working on it, but I'm a list person and having a written schedule helps me feel productive (rather than getting tasks 1/2 way done). Good luck! -hope to see ya again soon, too!
Hi there,
Loved your blog and loved the Zen site. I have two boys which are 19 months apart and the youngest is 3 months next week. Tell me about juggling it all. Yesterday I was having a fit with the laundry. It was just Murphy's law. The filter was jammed, clean socks kept falling on the unclean floor etc. it was already late and I still had to pump my milk for the next day, take out some bread from the freezer, check on the older boy who was running a high fever and don't forget to go to bed as early as possible because the baby still wakes me up at night.
I tried to breathe deep but it wouldn't go away. So I went to bed with a bad mood and hubby came in and told me to take it easy and not try to do everything at once, read a bit and go to sleep. Hug. :-) How sweet. That just made my day.
Enjoy yours.
Post a Comment