Monday, March 10, 2008

Framed.

Searching for the right frame is like searching for just the right prom dress. I hated formals for that very reason! After one day of shopping with nothing to show for it, I would usually just give up and try and think of a creative solution (like the time I borrowed my best friends formal just so I didn't have to face the mall mob one more time).




Well, there is no borrowing here folks. These frames have been in the works for months now, and well, I think that they turned out just great. I am debating whether I will sell them on my ETSY site. For now, they are for the companies I will sell wholesale to. I have 8x8, 8x10, and 11x14. Just right for the prints in the shop. Thank goodness I have an uncle with an empty unfinished basement!



And speaking of "framed" Kenneth and I have FINALLY managed to get Addie and Ian in the same room! With a daughter whose method for getting to sleep is singing, talking, moaning and rocking her crib very loudly, we have had reason to hesitate. But sharing a studio with a sleeping baby boy has proven to be even harder, so we decided to go for it.

How have they fared?

Well, let's just say they haven't been sleeping much. The first night went like this: crying for mommy, followed by random animals sounds, laughter, more animal sounds, more laughter, then addie saying, "Ian, we're best friends. Let 's talk". An hour later, they were still laughing and talking. I have never been happier about them staying up late. It is the sweetest thing when you see your children enjoying eachother's company. Especially when Addie has decided to sing Ian lullabies at night. She sings "Twinkle Twinkle little star" and he just curls up in a ball in his crib. I think that they have only been loving each other more now that they share a room. Happy babies, happy mommy! And now that I have a studio to myself, I can get crackin' on selling more framed artwork! Horray all around!

14 comments:

Robyn said...

Can you tell us where you found the frames? I LOVE the 8x8 and could use one for my 'girl with a girl' print that I purchased from you! If it's proprietary info., I totally get it though. -Robyn

Sarah Jane said...

Robyn,
The frames I purchased from a wholesale manufacturer who I buy from in bulk. What I think I will do is offer the frames separately in my ETSY shop for those who purchased prints, and need frames to go with. The 8x8's will be in most likely at the end of the month! Thanks!

sweetlifeinthevalley said...

Oh my Sarah I think you have read my mind. I have purchased a stack of your prints & they are still here on my desk as I have been searching for some good frames lol. I really want to hang them but alas I am still searching. I also need to order the March print from you soon too. She is so cute.
April

Hannah S said...

Sarah,
I like the frames. That is cute about Ian and Addie. Like a big slumber party. At least they're nice to each other. Maybe they'll eventually get some sleep too. Good idea to put them together though. It's more peaceful for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, those look GREAT!! Really, I love those new frames... perfect for your prints.

And how sweet are your babes?!

Karin said...

Perfect! Your frame choices are just perfect for each of the prints. You've done good!
Did daylight's savings throw addie and ian off, too? Hopefully they get the hang of this room sharing things soon... but for now, glad you are able to just enjoy their innocence!

Hanna said...

they look great :) I love the white.

By the way, I featured you on my blog.

M said...

Addie is such a great big sister. :D How cute! I love having Emma and Vera in the same room for that exact reason.

Nancy said...

They look so good framed, glad to see you went with the white, I thik it's perfect!

Laura said...

Love the frames!!! I can't believe that their "sleeping" in the same room!! How fun for them! I loved sharing a room with Bryan when we were little, we had a bunkbed and I of course was on the bottom. I was afraid when I got my own room! They will have some fun memories and eventually they WILL sleep!!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I remember those days! My oldest two (also a boy and a girl) are still the best of friends 18 years later. I remember sitting and listening to them interact--sometimes I just caught those sweet everyday moments on video especially when they didn't know I was taping. Priceless.
Blessings to you~
Cathy

JENNIFRO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JENNIFRO said...

YOU FOUND YOUR FRAMES!! Hallelujah! I hope you got the deal of a lifetime.

I am a huge believer in sharing rooms. So cute!

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

Beautiful frames Sarah, they fit your work perfectly