Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Opinions PLEASE!

OK. So, I am needing another stream of advice.

I am starting to sell wholesale, and most stores want my prints to come framed. ( I am still weary about this...with glass and everything).

BUT: I need you tell me which ones you like best...if any at all. I am most likely going to create my own design based on what I have used before. These are the THREE that I have used so far and really like.

What do you think:

1) IKEA RIBBA frame Dark wood.


2) White with a little ornamentation. Better for the girl prints, maybe not so great for the boys.


3) Simple. Wide. White.


4) None of the above.

5) All of the above.

(didn't you always LOVE multiple choice?)

I am taking a VOTE...so even if I have no idea who you are, throw out your opinion.

What do YOU think?

44 comments:

Unknown said...

simple, wide, white for sure!

Montserrat said...

My vote is for the wide white. Your prints don't need anything to make them stand out, or any additional ornamentation.

Emi Edgley said...

yet another vote for the wide white!

Anonymous said...

I love love love the 2 white frames especially the girly one. I'm so into white at the moment.

Christina said...

I'm loving the white frames as well, but I really love the girly one- my daughter's sampler is in a frame just like that.

MH said...

i like the third one as well!

Anonymous said...

yes. another vote for wide white...

Anonymous said...

Wide white for all except girl prints should be in the 2nd frame.
Congrats on selling to wholesalers!
Doris

Ambyr said...

My first thought was for simple wide white but I actually like the idea of framing to the print. Meaning, chosing a frame to go with the print, like you've done here. So, I'm saying 5)All of the above.

Meg said...

I like both of the white ones. Not so much the brown, although given the right boyish print, I could see it working.

Hannah S said...

2 and 3 and 5. I like the white for those prints but I like brown or other colors for other prints. But the whites are definitely clean looking.

cnydalynn said...

1 for boys and 2 for girls.

Sara Tams said...

I love them all, but I'd probably stick to the white frames... #2 to for the girly prints and #3 for the boy prints.

Also, I'd love to know where you found frames 2 & 3 if you have a minute to let me know - they're beautiful! I'm trying to get away from framing for my Etsy orders, but I really hope to sell wholesale someday, so it sounds like I'd probably need frames for that.

Rebecca said...

Sarah, the second white frame is my favorite (and the one I got! :) Thank you.) I think it would work just fine for boys prints as well, but it's a must for girls! If it's too fancy for some people, the third option is the one I like next. And yes, I want to know where you got the frames too!

Robyn said...

My favorite is the white with ornamentation. Second is the solid white. Least favorite (though it's not bad) is the dark wood. Congratulations on going wholesale! Don't raise your prices just yet though - I haven't been able to buy the three prints I'm dying to have just yet - I need to wait a month or two (Christmas kind of wiped out the 'fun money')!!!

joolee said...

simple, wide, white! It looks very crisp and clean, not to mention would stand out great on the fun, colored walls in my kids' rooms.

Laura said...

I like the idea of framing the picture so I say they all work. the white is perfect for colored walls but if the walls are all white I think you might need a little ornimentation (like 2) or color (like 1). So I don't know. my fav is 2 for girls but the boys get tricky! Congrats on wholesale!!!! You are incredible!!!

M said...

I like #2 but i would, we are all GIRL over here

Anonymous said...

both white FOR SURE

Anonymous said...

BOTH WHITE for sure

Melissa said...

I love the white frames, but since you don't want to be too girly for the boy pictures I would go for the wide white option. Very cute.

Kristi said...

I love the wide white, and I also love the girly frame for the girly print. gorgeous anyway they come!

Lynette said...

Another vote for the wide white...but the ornamental one is a great option.

Way to go, Sarah!

kelly said...

personally i like the first two... but, you've got all kinds of takers out there, so i'd go with all three.

Mrs. MK said...

I liked them all---1 would be nice for rooms with some other wood accents, but both the whites would look absolutely smashing as well!! I'm always soooo much help!!

Chelsea said...

I actually like all 3. I think it's good to have a variety because everyone's nursery is different. I think I may like the wide white and the white beaded one the best. When you brought them into Babinski's I LOVED the girly white beaded one, and it sold right away! For sure stick with that one.

Rebecca said...

I like the wide white best. But could you possibly do ALL of them??? I like each of them in different ways. (For one thing, the plain white almost never really goes with the standard off-white walls you get in "affordable" apartments....)

Lizzie. said...

I like that you have different ones for different prints and you know I LOVE the girly one. I still want that picture one day.

Anonymous said...

i actually found your site recently after noticing your beautiful work in a store, framed!

i say go for "Simple. Wide. White"

Karin said...

B) all of the above.
the whites are each great, but the 1st seems to goe w/ its print... where DID you get the 2 white ones?

Sandy M said...

I am the oddball out as it seems, I like the dark wood...#1.

Queen Jaw Jaw said...

I too like the white, but with certain prints, I think the dark would work as well. Sarah, please tell me to go and do housework now...this place is so addictive!

Katharine said...

I vote for the wide white also! I like the simple!

katharine said...

wow, i guess my opinion is pretty similar to everyone else's on this. i like the wide wide for generic/boy prints and the girly white one is really darling for girly prints :)

Sarah said...

#2 - even for the boys.

Ace said...

My vote is for the two white ones.

Jaimee McClellan said...

I think your work looks great in all three...but I tend to migrate toward simple white frames...although the ornamental white one with the detail is precious for a little girl's room. Good luck with your endeavor and Congrats!

Jen said...

I really think you need to offer some of each. For those with a very delicate little girls room they will want the beaded. There is definately a market for that. For my boys rooms I would want the dark wood. Any for a playroom or more simple and clean lined nursery I would choose the wide white. You know me though, I have always floundered between styles. But really, I think you need to appeal to every type of style because I think your prints do.

nicole said...

simpler is better so I say #1 or #3

Anonymous said...

Simple wide white both suitable for boys & girls.
Goodluck!
Ellen

Lauriann said...

I love one and three, but that may be because I have a boy's room to decorate.

Sarah said...

Wide white. Love your work!

Carissa said...

I love number 1 and number 2. I would definitely buy the number 2 frame because I love anything that looks like pearl beading, but the brown frame is probably more appealing to a broader audience. I just bought some prints from you (which I love by the way) and I would love to know where you got the fancy white frame because I've been looking for frames.

Jennifer P. said...

Since I'm now reading everything on this page, I have to say--all of them looked good! I'm an interior designer, and I think your work could work with a myriad of different styles--it would be the frame that you'd want to make work with whatever style you're trying for. I'm sure this was no help at all :)!