Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy as a bowl of vegtables.



Ok. So, maybe that really isn't a phrase to coin...but I sure do feel as happy as THESE vegtables. WHY???

Because I have a WORK SPACE!!!



I FINALLY have a designated work space, and I just had to share.

In the past 4 months my work space has gone from the dining room table to my bedroom, and now back to our "office". We have a 3 bedroom condo, and the third bedroom has always been our space to work. Well, Ian moved into the office after a year in our bedroom. (Addie is NOT very good at sharing a room...combo light sleeper and LOUD going to sleep-er). So, I had my office in our bedroom for the first 2 months in business, and wheh! What a challenge. We finally got a portacrib in the office. We put Ian to bed in our room, and then when I am done working at night, we move him into the office. He is pretty easy going. So far, he hasn't seemed to notice that he wakes up in a different place than he fell asleep in!


So, I don't know if that made any sense...but in a nutshell...I have my office back. I spent all Saturday getting it ready, and it works great!


I found a GREAT link from a post I read in Jaime's blog (a FAB blog about motherhood meets business entrepreneur). ON MY DESK peek's into people's work space! I love getting space ideas, as well as getting a sense of where and how people do their "work". Very cool.


Speaking of cool, these happy vegtables are also making my kids happy. I traded a print for these awesome wool and felt bean bag veggies. (I LOVE ETSY!) Addie and Ian have been cooking (and sleeping) with them since we got them. They are so well made, and with those happy faces, who wouldn't want to eat their vegtables?

Well, off to work! It is much easier to think straight with everything in its place!

Cheers!

10 comments:

Hannah S said...

Yay for an organized space you can call your own!!! I just found a desk for my "piles" of "work" (ie, filing and genealogy) but anyway....I was seriously just thinking about how I wanted to have HGTV or TLC come over and make over a room for you to use as your office/space. But now I don't have to. And besides....if you move than it would be pointless. Yay! I am so happy for you!

kelly said...

i agree... it's always fun to see people's "creative spaces". it definitely gives me inspiration! thanks for sharing. it definitely looks like a space to be proud of! congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hey there - thanks for the "shout out" and refferal, greatly apprecaied. Helping on entrepreneur at at time I guess! I have that On My Desk book marked too to add to my favorites - great site! Nice space, looks good!

Anonymous said...

Yeah.... I am so happy for you!!! Your space is awesome now go girl go..
Speaking about happy vegggies i just posted today about my daughters "Happy Girls" check it out if you have a minute.
www.sweethappylife-julie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for putting the veggies on your blog! i am so happy your kids are loving them. it was great to trade with you, i love my print and can't wait to hang it. just an fyi- the link to the veggies didn't work when i tried it.
we have 3 bedrooms, too, and soon to be 2 kids, so i will have to do a lot of juggling to have a workspace, as well. yours looks great!

Macy said...

Love the work space! Congrats! And I love that link to the blog of people's work spaces. Great inspiration! You're so cool. :)

Melissa said...

Oo! Congradulations on the new workspace. Don't you love the feeling of being organized?

Rebecca said...

Sarah, I'm so excited for you! Your new space looks great.

Tia said...

love your work space. also, note the chair, which i've been wanting to find for my desk because i find that style so comfortable!

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

Yay for a nice work space of your own!!
Thanks so much for sharing and for the links.
We are in the process of turning our laundry/sun room into a studio for me and the ideas are so helpful and fun.
:)