
Here's a double "O" image for post #100. I am making some Halloween cards and this is image #1. What do you think? Personally, I love square cards. Well, maybe I just like squares!
We are all down with colds. Yesterday was shot day for the kids. I was prepared for the worst. Ian, was as I expected. Terrified of Dr's to begin with, he was apprehensive as soon as we walked in the room that had the table with the crinkley paper. Addie, on the other hand, surprised us all. The Dr comes in, and she is ready (we weren't there for her checkup, but she insisted that the Dr check her ears, nose and mouth...and belly button and feet). She told the Dr exactly what he needed to do. it was hilarious!
When I told her that we were going to get a little "pokey" on the leg, and then get a thomas the train band-aide, she said..."Yah! This is fun." Poor little thing, I thought. I HATE watching my kids get shots, and now she is going to be crushed when it wasn't this "fun" event she was expecting. Well, she got a poke and a band-aide as fast as any nurse could do it, and as I was waiting for the wails, she exclaimed with hands up in the air "I did it!" I let he down so that I could console Ian who was screaming, and she opened the door, yelled out to the nurses "Hello everybody! My name is Addie! I got a shock today! THank you so much! " and closed the door. As I was then dressing Ian, she went out into the hallway were the dr and some other nurses were and said oh so sweetly (and dramatically for those of you who know addie) "thank you so much for giving me a shock! thank you!" The nurses were speechless. As we were leaving she had to tell everyone that she got a shot, and that she got a band-aide to prove it.
The things you never expect from a 2 1/2 year old!




2 comments:
sarah, I can't believe that addie did so well!! that is hilarious what she did--she is one of a kind! I hope that ian survived. I love your art and I like the name Ilustrating childhood by sarah jane the best I think--it just encompases everything you know! your doing a great job--keep up the amazing work! Love ya!
Sarah, I love that story of Addie. What a brave little girl! I have a feeling my little Addy will be the same way one day. She is still at the Ian stage though when it comes to Dr.s. I also love the ilustrations. You are truly so talented. I also eco Laura by saying I love the new name Ilustrating childhood by sarah jane. It just works! Good luck with getting your buisness up and going. I would be happy to do any marketing for you! I love telling people about my talented friends.
Post a Comment