Saturday, September 8, 2007

The 'B' in ABC

I am making a wooden ABC book, with just the A-B-C. (it's going to be a wooden folding book...just for display). I have had B is for Bubbles for a long time now, and I had to just get it on paper. I think A is for airplanes and C is for cooking or cars...still yet to be discovered. Main idea...the abc of vintage play.

6 comments:

Philip Lybbe Powys said...

Clever girl! Just to be clear, is the figure, the bubble blowing boy-child your art or appropriated period work? Either way, it is really, really good. Our family loves Alphabet Books, and hope you will publish yours on paper, not wood.

Sarah Jane said...

it's mine...totally from my head actually. I think I used a published image for a reference on the body position, but he's a sarah jane original. I am a big ABC fan myself.
mark, if you had a blog, i'd read it.

Macy said...

Sarah...I'm so thrilled to know about your blog. I just finished reading every single post and I just loved seeing all your artwork and the pictures of you and Kenneth and the kids. As always, I admire you and have a great deal to reflect on after reading your reflections. Thank you. :) I've bookmarked you and I'll be back!

Nancy said...

Sarah, I am so incredibly impressed! You are amazing, I really hope to see you illustrating books in the very near future, honestly I love your work. Can't wait to see more! My favorite part is the cute patterns you put into the children's clothing, adorable! You are so talented, really. Were you an art major in college? I had no idea, really you have some amazing skills. Keep it up, I'll definately be checking out your shop!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, way fun! I have a thing for the ABC's also, and actually have some vintage French postcards (ABCs also) that you might be interested in checking out. Just for fun and all that. You know where to find me :)

Ace said...

What a lovely little blog you have here. It's great to see you and your darling family! All my love, Ace