I am heading off to Utah tomorrow! We have had such a great time in california for these past few weeks. I have had just the right balance of keeping busy and relaxing. This past weekend, we took a drive to San Luis Obisbo to attend the wedding of Kenneth's best friend from highschool. We went with the whole family, and it was a blast. I just love the ocean, and being right on the coast made me just feel whole again.



We spent part of the afternoon on Saturday at the beach and the kids had a blast. They were a little hesitant at first about the cold water and the sand, but after a few minutes, they were having the time of their lives. I was a little surprised that Ian actually wanted to eat the sand. Such a boy. Addie chasing the waves and flying her kite.
Sunday was the wedding. It was an outdoor wedding right on the coast, and just beautiful. I wish I had my own camera to capture all the elegant details. The kids came after the sit down lunch to enjoy the dancing, and for us to show them off to all of Kenneth's old school friends and teachers. It was a lot of fun. (notice in the picture, she is trying to swish her skirt around like me:)
Well, now were are heading back to reality. I am looking forward to getting into our little place again. The kids are a little off schedule from the traveling, and flying out tomorrow won't help. It is 10:20 right now, and I can currently hear Addie in her crib singing (very loudly, and very rhythmically) "I won't grow up! I won't grow up!" from Peter Pan. Here, here!




2 comments:
It was a great vacation and I had so much fun with you and the kids. The flights home were an education for me too. Thanks for being such a great sister (in-law, but who really needs to say that part any way). I look forward to getting back to work, but I will always save time to hang out with my favorite person across the street.
Sarah! It's so nice to see recent pictures of you and your kids. Ian looks have developed a lot since I last saw him. Now go watch Transformers. It's really good. :)
Post a Comment