Friday, July 13, 2007

bedroom makeover

So before i had kids, I was always attracted to reds. Deep colors with richness and a little drama. The bedroom was meant to be artsy, romantic with a european flare. After being pregnant for nearly two years, giving birth twice 380 days apart, breastfeeding for two years straight and wrestling my two little ones, red is SO not what I want to retreat to at the end of the day. I have totally changed over to needing soft blues and greens, clean lines, simple, fresh and light. Here is what I am thinking:



...the blue quilt with a light green accent wall, painted white and yellow furniture, with fresh flowers (mums and orchids), white sheer paneled drapes and some black and white framed pics of our family. Nice thing is I just need to throw some paint on some things, and the quilt is a b-day present, so it's a matter of some time and work...but I am already starting to breathe better:) what do you think?

No comments: