Saturday, July 14, 2007

little chefs







Addie and Ian LOVE to play "cooking". I bought them their first little cooking set while in California, and they LOVE to mix, saute, stir, roast, bake, etc. I have made little play food for them...granted all I have done so far is a carrot, a chocolate chip cookie, a cupcake and a piece of bread. But they love to make carrot soup, or cookie soup, and spread butter on their toast.

I don't have room for a little play kitchen, but they love to help out when Daddy is in the kitchen (which is a lot!).

Here is a cute little website that I found for your little chefs.

http://littlekitchen.com.au

Every little chef needs a little apron ( and rolling pin!)


A humming bird cookie cutter! Too cool!



And play food galour!


Getting inspired yet?

If anything, those of you with kids might be inspired to have more fun in the kitchen. It is such a great place for them to have fun, learn about cleaning up as well as good motor skills like pouring and stirring. And, to lick the spoon...a must!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Those kids cooking things are super cute! I love cooking with kids, and my students. I do, however, need to find better (simple) food projects. Maybe if I find some cute ones we should do them with the kids.