Monday, June 4, 2007

My daily reads.

Ok, so if you are like me, it is easy to get sucked into the world of blogs...especially great blogs designed by women, for women with the intent of inpiring and sharing. I love it! I have to say that I have had to watch the clock, since I could browse forever reading and looking at beautiful, fun, creative and inspiring things! There are some really great blogs out there created by real moms with great finds and great ideas. My fave's are on my side bar...but here are some new happenings that you may be interested in.

DESIGN MOM:


My daily morning read. A mom in NYC with 5 kids blogs about great design in fashion, art, home, kids, etc. A wonderful person and a wonderful blog...the best out there.

She is starting a new website/blog called Sk*rt. Here is the gist:


"Sk*rt is basically a filter of cool stuff on the Web. If you aren't familiar with the concept of Digg, it goes like this. Any item (site, product, idea, video, blog, article, etc.) can be submitted by anyone. Readers can vote for the items by clicking the "Love It!" button on the left hand side of each submitted item. The items that get the most votes raise up to the front of the site. It's actually a great design, because it's organized so that if you only have a few minutes, you can scan through what's new, what's highly ranked or what's interesting to you; or you can search more specifically by category.

Sk*rt features nine categories: World Wise; Mind, Body, Spirit; Out and About; Around the House; Raising Kids; Getting Dressed; Entertainment; Food; Arts, Crafts & Design. There's a popular section and an unpublished section. Items have to get a certain number of votes to "make it" to the popular section. Overall, it's pretty self-explanatory, but if you're craving more details, see our Getting Started page here and our FAQ page here."

This is a GREAT place to get to know great places onthe web out there just for you, and to have all of your favorites all in one place. I love it already!

TANGLED & TRUE:life in the nest
This is another daily morning read for me. Started by my old roomate Kelli and two friends of hers, this blog is meant for mothers or mothers to be who like the organic, artistic, natural, pretty, unique with a bit of spunk. Every morning you can read a few posts on the latest finds, ideas, recipes, or giveaways...yes giveaways. at least once a week, they feature a new blog or company with GREAT giveaways that will keep you coming back.



I haven't won one yet, but I hope so! Theses gals are clever, simple yet sophisticated. Started in Jan, it is making its way to the big time:)

A room somewhere:
A new favorite of mine. I am always on the hunt for new ideas to decorate or what I would do if I could start all over. Here is a blog with great ideas everyday! I just love seeing rooms put together and dream about 'someday.' She recently posted about this:



hint: you get pretty things in the mail when you send some to someone else! sign up by friday!

Like I said, these are just a few. Do you have any favorites? I like being able to have a few minutes in the day to inspire my eyes and mind, and help me to think of how I can better beautify my home. For me, it helps to feed my soul and in turn helps me to be a better mom! Some people like to read the paper or watch the news...I like to read my morning blogs and find out what GOOD things are out there. I'll skip the tragic and depressing thank you.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

thanks for the shout-out! i love your blog, too! such a great find.