Wednesday, May 30, 2007

More color and ideas...

Ok,

So I am working on my kids' room, and I came across a few websites.

Welterusten: I just love their colors, simplicity and modern mixed with traditional...and it's all original and very scandinavian! Oh, I wish this were a site in english, or that they had a store in the U.S. BUT, it gives me some great ideas about bedding and pillows for Addie's room someday.

here are some of my favorites:



THIS website: Another great scandinavian kids site. Great show rooms of some of the same peices above. You have to click around on all the icons to find the variety...and once you get one set of picks, hit "mere" which means more. There is great mix of whimsical and modern and traditional....All packed into one store.

Madlillies: really fun art for the child in all of us. I'm getting great ideas:


I am saving the pink for when Addie has her own room. But, things are on their way in Addie and Ian's new room. I decided to change the colors though...more of what they already are in order to save money:) But I still really like it. Here is a hint:




We are going for an elephant theme I am thinking. It's fun! I love putting Addie and Ian's personality into a room. (I am holding back a little, since Addie would need lots of pinks and reds....and I want this area to be accomodating for both). But, it's fun to get a sense of what I like and who they are and put it together.

I love them so much! They are an adventure. Already Addie managed to grab her favorite snack (mediteranean green olives) off the shelf at Target, and while trying to open them, dropped it on the ground which broke the bottle splattering green olives and vinegar all over the isle. (She actually managed to grab an olive and shove it in her mouth before I could catch her!) And Ian, while I was making lunch for my grandfather at his house, found an open bottle of Paprika and began to shake the entire bottle all over himself and all over the floor. (thank goodness it wasn't cayenne!!! It was all over his face).

Motherhood is full of color, isn't it? And so are my children. I love it!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Never a dull moment with your children! I love it! Oh, and the rug looks really cute in their room. We will have to go on another shopping trip soon.

Leslie said...

wow, that pink armoire is incredible. love your blog!

bookmark! :)