Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A new beginning.

Ok....so i haven't blogged in a while, but I am back! So, please keep checking in. I just needed a break for a while.

Well, I came home at 6:45 (the kids go to bed at 7:00) after having been gone all afternoon. The car is a mess from having to feed the kids dinner in the car on the way home from Salt Lake in bumper to bumper traffic. (I am blogging in order to stall a trip down to the parking lot to clean the back seat of the car:) And not just 'dinner' but Carl's Jr. i.e. french fries and chicken nuggets. (Blahhh...we'll see how the kids are tomorrow!


And where were we? IKEA!!!!! We really were only there for an hour at most (NOT enough time). I picked up Kenneth from work, joined the MOB of Utahns all doing as we were....ooohing and ahhhing at this store that should have been here YEARS ago. We went straight to the Children's section, and oh, were the kids in heaven! One giant room FILLED with colorful beds, petit modern furniture, fun toys...rugs...and color color color!!! We were there to pick up the Table and chairs that I have been eyeing for MONTHS now.



And it is now sitting in my trunk, waiting to be painted. ohhhh...the possibilites are endless. But I am thinking THESE colors would be perfect.




These colors are SO Addie. And since Ian 'Technically' isn't in her room yet, he could definately join in on this color scheme...just add more blue.


Oh, and Addie is currently sleeping with her new found friend "horton" as she calls him. $4.99! Can you beat that for a snuggly friend the perfect hugging size?


I love IKEA. When my parents moved from Boston to DC, they had considerably more living space than they had in Boston. I remember as a kid going with my parents to furnish our house. What kid has GREAT experiences going furniture shopping??? only one who is going to Ikea. And now, 2o years later, that same furniture sits in their home. Quality, but inexpensive...style but simple. I love it. Kenneth and I are going back soon...with out the kids.

So, now that there are increased options for my decorating fingers...I am thinking of revamping the kids room??? hmmmmmmm. I can't wait!

No comments: