Well, We had our first job offer. The offer of our dreams. Teaching in London. It was a rather odd offer at first...a Jewish Orthadox boys school. But the truth is, they were attracted to Kenneth for his vision of Education, and the fact that he was from Utah and had strong family values. It was the job of our dreams...great on a resume, working with people whose values and morals were the foundation of education, working with extremely bright kids, and hello....living in the greatest city in the world. We would be able to afford living in London, which just got me so excited. Well, we got the offer yesterday morning, but as we prayed about it, felt like it wasn't the right thing for us. We were crushed. I haven't been this down in a long time. I know it is the right thing for us not to take it, but MAN it is hard to accept that. Kenenth and I have both just been really depressed. Deep down we feel peace, but it was such a fabulous offer and a rare one at that. (the recruiter was very suprised that a school this prestigious would go out of their way this far to hire Kenneth). So, another lesson on faith. We just have to hope that there is something better. And there will be. We can't deny the feeling that we had. And I am grateful for direction and guidance. So, we will see where all this takes us. We just wish we knew if we were staying here, or moving. We'll keep you all posted!!! In the mean time, I have to put aside my visions of strolling through english gardens and art museums. sigh.Wednesday, May 16, 2007
crushed.
Well, We had our first job offer. The offer of our dreams. Teaching in London. It was a rather odd offer at first...a Jewish Orthadox boys school. But the truth is, they were attracted to Kenneth for his vision of Education, and the fact that he was from Utah and had strong family values. It was the job of our dreams...great on a resume, working with people whose values and morals were the foundation of education, working with extremely bright kids, and hello....living in the greatest city in the world. We would be able to afford living in London, which just got me so excited. Well, we got the offer yesterday morning, but as we prayed about it, felt like it wasn't the right thing for us. We were crushed. I haven't been this down in a long time. I know it is the right thing for us not to take it, but MAN it is hard to accept that. Kenenth and I have both just been really depressed. Deep down we feel peace, but it was such a fabulous offer and a rare one at that. (the recruiter was very suprised that a school this prestigious would go out of their way this far to hire Kenneth). So, another lesson on faith. We just have to hope that there is something better. And there will be. We can't deny the feeling that we had. And I am grateful for direction and guidance. So, we will see where all this takes us. We just wish we knew if we were staying here, or moving. We'll keep you all posted!!! In the mean time, I have to put aside my visions of strolling through english gardens and art museums. sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I am way sorry that your dream has (for the mean time) been dashed to smitheriens. I can only imagine how heart breaking it must be for you (seeing as I am usually the opposite when it comes to change). Please know that i am here for a good laugh, I'm a rather good babysitter, and I love you more then chocolate! If there is one thing I have learned through this crazy year is that everything turns out alright in the end. Love ya both!
Sarah, I know how hard it is to make this huge decisions. Jared and I are wrestling with where to go ourselves ...so hard. I always pray that Heavenly Father will let me know when a place is right or when in is wrong for our family. I am so grateful that he has helped already feel out a few areas. I know that it is hard now but you will soon see why. I am so excited for you - a better situation will come up!
Sarah,
I totally understand your situation. Recently James was offered two very good positions...we were not even looking...and we are so at a loss as to what to do. We have prayed and do not feel inclined either way. Its so hard. We are just waiting in faith. We have to decide this week so wish us luck. I know that something better for your family will come up. The Lord has a plan. Just keep remembering that. LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment