
They are gone now to their little beds, but for the past 3 days we have made this of Mommy's sheets. Hot little bodies, achy muscles, soar throats and lots and lots of lots of snuggles. Babies with strep throat is never welcome, but I sure don't mind the extra loving. Even at 3 am. Even with pink medicine stains on my shirts. Even with a shop that is a little behind with shipping. Even when laundry is piling. I would rather have snuggles and hugs with my feverish babies than a perfect house any day. I can't always say that, but something about having sick little ones reminds me that my house isn't going to grow up and get too big for my lap someday. So dishes in the sink...quit your whining. These little divas come first.




11 comments:
Oh, I just love your post...you really must be a loving, wonderful mom :0)
(My daughter just had a little look at the computer while I was reading - she thinks that you all look so happy and harmonious on the photo of your little family
;0))
So sorry that your little ones are feeling bad - your posts bring back so many memories of when my children were little - I hope that everyone is over this quickly.
I know just feel. My house is gone to dogs but I am so happy to have healthy kids finally!
Amen to that! I hope your little ones are feeling better now!
Sweet words Sarah Jane!
There is something unexplainable as to what happens to us moms when out little angels are sick. I share your pain! I hope they feel better soon!
oh I hope your little ones feel better soon. Poor babies. There is nothing better than a snuggly little one.
Hi Sarah
I am sorry to hear that your children have been sick. That's certainly no fun at all.
Your post says it all - that's what being a mother is all about and we wouldn't have it any other way.
Love
Elise
i understand you and agree with you, when thay are so young they need all our love!!!!!!
i hope they feel better now.
Ohhhh, Sarah. I'm so sorry that the little ones in your house have been feeling under the weather. I had a bout with strep myself last week, and I can vouch for the fact that it's NOT fun!
Enjoy your time with your kids . . . you're right, the house can wait! :)
GREAT post! Thanks for the reminder (as I hack and cough my way through the day!).
jb
Hi Sarah, My youngest has strep, too. I can't even count how many bottles of pink medicine we've gone through over the years! To make matters worse we are leaving for New York tomorrow...Surtex show. My older two start en of the year tests the day before we get back. There is a slight chance my artwork will be on Extreme Home Makeover sunday night. Good luck with strep...ours is on the downswing. Kelly
Post a Comment