Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Site Friday: the prolific artist.


Today my very thoughts and interests were answered by a blog post. Crazy, isn't it? I was thinking deep thoughts about my role as an artist, and voila...I read this just yesterday morning. What is a prolific artist? What about my daily life and life views define who I want to be?

This article doesn't spell out HOW to be an amazing artist. But what it does do, is reveal 7 Common Characteristics of Prolific People.

I find this very interesting as I seek inside myself which parts of me need to work better to get what I want. It took me a while to say that I was an 'artist.' I didn't major in art, or study under a great mentor...art is just the way that I think and see the world. Now that I have a 'shop' it is easier to say. But do you need to sell your art to be an 'artist?' NO! There is real power in telling people, "I am an artist." Just as easy as that. This article outlines some great commonalities in prolific artists, and I think I will be putting this up on my bulletin board. Enjoy!

PS: Thanks for all your comments and sympathy on Wed's post about our strep-house. Unfortunately, strep has mutated into the croup, and I think today's article should have been: How to get a full night's sleep in an hour. Any one want to write that one?

5 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks Sarah, That was really interesting. I just had my blog redesigned and on Fridays I am doing Inspire me Friday. You know how it is inspiration can come from a paint chip , a magazine, greeting card,a trinket, anywhere. Hope you can chime in sometime. Good luck on that sleep situation, I'll be prayin for ya!
Smiles~ julie

Jen said...

I never have the courage to think let alone say I'm an artist. Thanks for the article!

Melissa Fischer said...

I enjoyed reading that piece! Yesterday my daughter's preschool teacher told me that my daughter had told everyone in her class that "her mommy was an artist!" I was so surprised that she was so proud of me and that she knew exactly what her mommy was! Even if your not sure about yourself your kids always know the truth!
I hope your babies are well soon!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

That was an interesting article. Very interesting.

I was particularly engaged by the "what to do part". Certainly I need to own up to being an artist more than I do. But then I was wondering if being a mom helps to "guard your mind".

Though it certainly isn't a mindless job I do find it stimulates my creativity. The problem then for me is having the energy after parenting all day to follow up on your creativity!

Traveling man said...

Great thoughts about who you are, but remember that who you are will likely change throughout your life. By change I mean expand, move in new directions, bringing along all that you have yet learned. I have a favorite poem that I picked up back at the Y in 1970 that I would like to share, I believe it is by James Allen.

As you think, you travel;
and as you love, you attract.

You are today where your thoughts have brought you;
You will be tommorrow where your thought's take you.

You cannot escape the results of your thoughts,
but you can endure and learn, can accept and be glad.

You will realize the vision (not the idle wish) of your heart,
be it base or beautiful, or a mixture of both,
for you will always gravitate towards that which you secretely most love.

Into your hand will be placed the exact results of your thoughts;
you will receive that which you earn, no more -- no less.

Whatever your present enviornment may be, you will fall, remain or rise with your thoughts,
your vision, your ideal.

You then will become as small as your controlling desire,
or as great as yor dominate aspriation.

When you get a chance come visit my attempt at blogging; my blog is at "damsafetyengineer.blogspot.com" I've posted pictures from my trip to Alaska and the family.

Sure love ya, Uncle Ron