Friday, May 9, 2008

Ariadne and Sarah at home.


I love this blogging world. Being a young mom with young kids, I don't travel much anymore and I don't get out as much as I used to. Those are the two negatives about being a mom. The only two. (Well, the wider hips aren't my favorite either).

Blogging has changed all that for me. (Well, not the hips part).

Remember a few "Happy site Friday's" ago when I posted about Ariadne at home? I went as far to mention how I would do anything to get a hold of their magazine (they don't ship to the US). Well, my new dear pen pal Tania immediately emailed me to share that because she lives in Belgium, she could get a copy on her way home from work. And let me just tell you....I have made a new best friend. TWO new best friends. Tania....and Aridne.



I just got my hands on the Children's edition, and I am still pouring over it ( I have had it for a week now). The colors, freshness, hand-made-ness, the scandinavian modern meets traditional, etc. etc. etc. I AM IN LOVE!



Somehow, getting a style magazine from Belgium (and knowing that there probably aren't that many people in the US that have this sitting on their coffee table) has just made my month. I have always had travel in my blood, and thanks to my new blogging friend, my need to be overseas has been satisfied (at least for now:)


Thank you Tania!!! You might also want to visit her new ETSY store...she is super talented! I have some of her handmade children's accessories, and they are DARLING!!

3 comments:

Elise said...

Hi Sarah

What a wonderful source of inspiration the Ariadne at Homekinderen appears to be.

You're avsolutley right, the blog world is such a beautiful community. The people you meet, the things you learn and the friendships you form are amazing.

And as for Tania, from Little Sweetheats blog, she is a wonderful friend and I am so grateful that I have also met her through blogging. Her new Etsy store is going to be full of beuatiful, personalised items for children and I will certainly be purchasing from her for my two children. She is one creative and talented girl.

Sarah, wishing you all the best with your show and hope it exceeds your expectations.

Happy Mother's Day to you for Sunday and I hope you get an opportunity for a little pampering for yourself.

Love
Elise

Little Sweethearts said...

Hello Sarah,

I must say that you have really made my day!!! Thanks so much for all the sweet comments! Reading your post at 7 a.m. on a Saturdaymorning makes my sleepy eyes right awake.

I'm glad you're enjoying the magazines and hope you will find lots of inspiration in them.

I too have made some new friends in far away places through blogging and I am very thankful for that. Hey, I even have an American pen pal now ;).

And thanks to Elise, one of my newfound blogging friends, for all the flattering comments.

Thanks so much,

Love,
Tania

dani said...

hi, sarah jane,
i hope your show goes well and your "to do" list gets smaller:D... as that will free you up to enjoy the spring flowers.
you are a very lucky girl to have found tania. her store is "little sweethearts"; but she's quite the sweetheart, too!!!
do have a lovely mothers' day weekend,
dani xx