Be back soon!
Well, I am closing my doors to the shop for a few days to catch my breath. I am learning that balance requires constant reassessing and reorganizing, and spring has brought in new reasons for both. I will be taking a vacation from the good ol' US Postal Service, and will be focussing my attentions on some new art work...for the shop and some other projects I am currently working on.
UPDATE: All items will be shipped out on April 18th.
I see artists all around me who seem to just "do it all." But then I realize:
They aren't changing diapers at 6:30 am.
Or playing dress-ups at 7:30am.
Or cleaning crayon off the walls at 8am.
Or feeding breakfast to two hungry toddlers at 8:30am.
Or going on library trips at 10 am.
Or doing 15 bajillion loads of laundry at 1 pm.
Or scrubbing bathrooms at 2 pm.
Or building wooden block villages at 3 pm.
Or going to the park at 4 pm.
Or making dinner at 5 pm and drawing a bath at 6 pm with kids in bed at 7pm.
Really and truthfully, I am up at 5 am to start my day just so I can get some "ME" time. Right now, naptime isn't enough time for 'catch up.' And with a To-Do list building (the good kind of "to-do"...the kind I want to get done) but not enough time in the day to do it, I am forced to take somethings off my list. My children will never be one of them. SO....I am taking "print-wrap-ship" from my list for the next few days. Ahhhhh. That feels really good to say.
I am not out of town, so if any of you NEED anything to be shipped before the 18th of April, please contact me. I am here, and am sensitive to birthdays and deadlines on your part. But all other orders will ship out on the 18th of April.
I will still be blogging a bit. But my packaging materials will be gathering dust for 10 days.
Now that I won't be licking stamps for a few days....let the creativity flow!
Cya!





13 comments:
Sarah- You should take some time. Artists need time to create and catch up. i will be doing the same next week. Can't wait. Keep up the good work..love your stuff. Marnie V.
We mothers take it with stride. We snatch up the moments to play with the young ones and sneak away during those times when they're sleeping the watching a movie. It's our motherly fate and such a blessing. Your doing the right thing!
Everybody needs a break now and then and kids should always come first. Enjoy your break!
Tania
Yes, I agree with the others . . . you deserve a break! Those of us with young children totally understand your sentiments, and those that don't understand, well, they don't matter anyway! :)
Your blog is inspiring, as always.
Julie
Good for you Sarah. Hope you feel like you are having a break, even though you'll still be busy with all your motherly duties!
From one artist mama to the next- GOOD for you!
Melissa
Yay! Good for you! Just what you needed! If you want to play/chat...let me know. And this is the nice thing about being self employed! You CAN do this and not miss a beat or feel guilty! Seriously, though, call me.
Good on you. Sounds like a wise move - with winners all round. Most importantly you and your family will benefit and ultimately your customers will gain from you having a little break, as when you come back your creative juices will be flowing - not that it ever appears that you have any issues with your creativity, you seem to be always producing wonderful pieces of work.
I admire that you have your priorities clear and let that guide your decisions.
Wishing you a relaxing well deserved break where you can recharge.
i understand you, i'm mum of 2 toddler too, take your time, take a deep breath, see you soon ;)
Yay for you Sarah! I mean that!
:)
Oh I am sending you a big "pat on the back through cyberspace", and I want to say I told ya so"....but I did not tell ya how hard it was. We never know how hard it is till we are IN it - I know! Good for you for taking a break, it is a real smart thing to do, so you do not burn out (again I know what I am talking about)! The art will still be there. Hope all is well - at least you are still blogging...I am waay off on that!
Jamie Lentzner
www.jpd.typepad.com
You have an organized, busy day. You are prioritizing- way to go...
Great post! And hey! I had no idea you like Feist. That makes me happy. Cheers.
Post a Comment