Sunday, April 27, 2008

Magic.

Addie age 1

"And above all watch, with glittering eyes the whole
world around you because the greatest secrets are
always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those
who don't believe in magic will never find it.
~ Roald Dahl ~
Addie age 3

This week I learned from my children that:
  • Your shadow is your best friend because it is always with you
  • Monsters live in trees but they are scared of daddy's
  • Sunshine is meant to be felt with just your skin on (even when it is 40 degrees outside)
  • Flowers are for giving to people (especially the cashier at Target)
  • Dirt is for toes
  • One piece of broccoli is a tree. Two pieces of broccoli is a dark forest.
  • Igloos can be made from an end table and blankets
  • Tree stumps are for sitting on when you are sad.
  • Big stretches of green grass are for taking a "belax"
  • Trees are for hugging.
  • Butterflies have mommies too.
  • Nail polish and chapstick makes you a princess.
And so I add to that beautiful quote:

Watch with glittering eyes your children and you will see the whole world as it really is. And you may even end up believing in magic.

Happy Monday everyone!

10 comments:

Pattern and Perspective said...

What lovely observations, Sarah Jane! What a great way to start out a new week--everyone should read your post.

Vana said...

Simply, speechless!
Sarah, those words are amazing!

Rebecca said...

Sarah, thanks for such inspiring thoughts. Love you.

Emily said...

I love reading your blog Sarah! I always feel uplifted afterwards. Today I logged onto Google Reader and saw that the 'Your Heart Out' blog had an update, and low and behold there was a picture right in the middle that I recognized and love- an original Sarah Jane- (http://yourheartout.com/?p=2392)

Unknown said...

this post is magical x

Elise said...

Hi Sarah

You listed in this post all of the beautiful things you learnt from your children during the past weekend. Through them, look at what you have now taught via this blog entry. Beautiful, priceless and precious.

The photos in this post are just gorgeous. Addie's body language in the first photo and her facial expression in the second one say it all - she is captivated by what nature has to offer.

These are inspiring thoughts to take with us through the week. Thank you for sharing them.

Precious Pink Pumps said...

This is just the most beautiful post. I so loved reading that. Divine.
I have tagged you - go to my blog for detais: http://jennifercelotto.blogspot.com/

~Caroline~ said...

What a precious post! The pictures are lovely and the thoughts are so sweet.

Thank you for sharing that fabulous quote!

Caroline

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post! So inspiring and yes, magical is the word.

Kelly B. Rightsell said...

I just love looking at and listening to your blog. I would LOVE to paint that picture of your daughter as a baby(not to sell) just because of how precious she is!! To answer the question about doing all of the packing, shipping, and creative side...we have some part time packers and shippers (my dad being one of them) Our framed art is outsourced, so our products come from two locations. It is definitely a juggle to get it all done. I couldn't do it without my husband. You would think after 10 years we would know what we're doing!