
Well, every artist is entitled to do a little something for herself....and this print is just that. I often am creating images from my own childhood, or my children's experiences. Today, I post a print that reflects what I am feeling right now. I can't put it into words, and so I had to draw it. I guess that makes me an artist...not a writer. I can't even say that I am waiting for anything...but the title just seemed to fit. You can make of it what you will, but for me, in this moment, maybe it's the stillness in this image I am drawn to. No wind. No noise. No distractions. Just a calmness.
Happy Easter everyone. Not bunnies today...but revived dancing french elephants to say..."Dance a little. It's SPRING!"




7 comments:
Lovely, Sarah.
All I have to say is when is your children's book line coming out? Seriously? I love it, and I have to say that my life is feeling a little the same way right now, probably for different reasons, but I can totally relate. You are so talented!
So lovely.
I love the fact that this print, "Waiting" can be open to interpretation. Imagine the time you can spend with your children talking about all of the possibilities. Is the girl waiting? What is she waiting for? Why does she have a ballon? Where is she going? etc etc. As a family this beautiful, serene print could be used as a great piece of stimulus to make up bedtime stories. Just beautiful.
I just re-read my previous comment and the second last sentnece doesn't make sense - I'll blame it on my pregnancy brain!
I meant to say that as a family, you could all come together and use this print to make up all sorts of stories about the girl with the balloon.
I have been reading your blog for a while now. I came across to it from Sara & Abraham (another favorite)...
I love your work...I am a bit jealous from the fact that you find the time to make such beautiful pieces...i feel there is not time...but i try a little every day.
Thank you for such adorable art, it truly makes me happy when i look at it.
have you done any sleepover prints? we had great sleepovers didn't we?? i just remember laughing and laughing and our silly jokes!
Post a Comment