Monday, September 24, 2007

October in Polka-dot wellies

I love the fall. I grew up back east, where the autumn air is brisk and full of magic. As a child, I remember walking through the streets of trees, with the wind blowing my hair every which way. I loved it. This weekend has been a magical one with the magic of fall. Here is a piece inspired by my childhood and my love of wellies!



This weekend was Kenneth's Birthday. Kenneth is a 'yellow' and we just decided to have a spontaneous weekend!

* We took the kids out in the rain for puddle jumping

* Kenneth made sourdough bread, home made pasta (twice in a row), chicken fettuccine, broccoli with portobello mushrooms, grilled salmon, and double tiered triple chocolate cake with raspberries for the final BAM!

* We took the kids to the BYU campus for the first time and showed them where we had our first kiss (es).

* Kenneth and I discovered two new favorite dining spots...'Nicolaitalia' and 'Pudding on the Rice'. Made us feel like we were back in Boston again.

* Addie became officially potty-trained and can now go on trips in the car without a diaper. (she calls herself a 'potty train' now....with "choo-choo" side affects and everything.

* Addie and Ian learned how to do somersaults.

* We had friends and family over all weekend, and even managed (kenneth and I) to hang out at one of our fav places...Barnes and Noble.

Happy Autumn everyone!

7 comments:

Ace said...

Okay. How much can I officially love you and your family without it seeming like I'm a crazy stalker? I just think you and Kenneth are cooler than ever. Tell him Happy Birthday from me!!

Nate's Wife said...

I love your art! Stopped by to visit your blog, you should SO be selling prints, they will fly fly fly out your shop! have you seen belleandboo.etsy.com? you would like her stuff too!

Miranda J said...

I absolutely love your artwork. What an absolute treat to click through from Macy Robison's blog and discover you. Thank you for sharing your gift!

My best,

Whitney Johnson

nicole said...

Your illustraions are amazing. I adore your work. I just "discovered" you today via designmom. Are you selling your work anywhere? I love the wellies!

Nancy said...

The picture is darling, I love the polka dots. And your husband makes homemade pasta? You're one lucky girl!

Jessica @ Little Nesting Doll said...

OH MY GOODNESS...I love this so much. It completely reminds me of Fall at home in Boston. When you get your shop up, I will SO be there.

Sabina said...

Found you via another site - I love your art work!!!