Monday, July 2, 2007

projects

While I have been here in CA, I have been trying to take advantage of my mother in law's awesome sewing machine as well as her sewing skills. Haven't done as much as I would like, but then again, she's busy, and I am enjoying the down time. But I have started making some play food for the kids. So far, I have made a cupcake, a carrot, some bread and a chocolate chip cookie (i will take pics when my camera is finally repaired). But until then, these pics have been my inspiration. When I am done making a complete sandwhich, I want to make some veggies and pasta for them to stir around in their little play pots. And of course...the sushi looks pretty fun!

I have another week here, and I hope to make some skirts and a dress for addie. It is a bit ambitious for me, since I have never made a single item of clothing before...but It can't be that hard right? I have a pattern, and some awesome heather bailey and amy butler fabric and we'll see how it goes! It is nice to have someone over my shoulder that I can ask the dumb questions to. I just hope that i can get these done in time to take advantage of the help!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

That play food is AMAZING! You have to post your pictures. I am so glad that you are blogging again!

JnR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JnR said...

Sorry about the last comment, I don't know what happened, still new to this.

Adrienne said it best, that play food is truly AMAZING I really wish I could sew!!

Katharine said...

I have to thrid that! I LOVE that play food. What a great idea. I only wish I had the skills and motivation to make my own. Maybe someday! I can't wait to see the pictures of yours.