Summer is full of long days and long nights on the couch with a movie. I have been wanting to see "Miss Potter" for some time now...and tonight I came home after a date with Kenneth to see Robyn and my mother in law watching it. I just had to sit down. I don't usually like to step into a story more than half way through...but since I have read so much about the Life of Beatrix Potter, I felt like I could.

WOW! First of all, the set just took me back to all the sites and smells of the English country side. Breathtaking. And then to see Beatrix Potter working through he emotions with her art, made me really wish I had brought my paints out to CA.

WOW! First of all, the set just took me back to all the sites and smells of the English country side. Breathtaking. And then to see Beatrix Potter working through he emotions with her art, made me really wish I had brought my paints out to CA.
I have always loved Beatrix Potter...ever since I was a child and my dad gave me my very own hard back child size copy of "Mrs. Tiggy-winkle". I was in love. I could stare at those pictures for hours. There was so much depth, and yet they were so simple. Her illustrations were just enough detail to give you the outline, but simple enough to let my imagination run wild. So, now I have to go and watch the first half. Ha! But I can't wait.
If anything, watching the film makes me remember what it felt like three summers ago to eat tea and cakes in the afternoon while watching the geese run across the broken cobblestone road off to some other green destination behind the stone cottage with the painted blue door. Sigh....





No comments:
Post a Comment