Well, this is probably my first holiday with the kids where I can really feel like they can appreciate the traditions we can start. Christmas was not at our house, so maybe that doesn't count. But Easter, Addie is already loving the decorations around the house, the easter eggs and the hunt that we just went on this morning, and has yet to find out that she will get an easter egg basket. It's so much fun now that she can really comprehend these things! Ian loves it too...but so far he is just in it for the food:) 
This morning, we had bunny pancakes, and then went upstairs to have a little easter party with our neighbors. Upstairs and next door, there are kids ages 1-5, so it's perfect for Addie and Ian. We dyed easter eggs, and then had an easter egg hunt outside the condos and finished with yummy cupcakes and shooting toy rockets at the part by the condos.

Addie and Ian were blown away by how much sugar I let them have:) they each had a cupcake, and then who knows how many jelly beans. Addie was a little more energetic than usual for her before nap reading time. But oh, they were so cute, and had so much fun! I think that this is the age where we are going to really start having a lot of fun!!!





2 comments:
Sarah- your kids are so cute!! I can't believe how they have changed! Your life seems so ideal! This is not good therapy for me to read this!!
the cupcake picture is classic. looks like they had so much fun. great memories. I think "first" holidays are so great.
Post a Comment