
Ok...so our little family is sick...again!!! It doesn't matter how much hand sanitiser I use, how many vitamin mineral drinks we have, how many power shakes, water, greens, or supplements we take, how often I air out the house, deep clean or keep the kids away from other sick kids! We are just having a really bad winter! I hope that this is the last of it!
In the mean time, however, my husband still manages to cook up a storm on the weekends. We call it "The Weekend Gourmet". Someday he wants to have a show on Food Network called the Weekend Gourmet...or at least open a B&B when we retire so that he can just go to town on serving incredible food to the people he loves and meets.
This weekend, he managed to make "midnight bread" (Ian was up coughing bad in the middle of the night, and Kenneth couldn't go back to sleep, so he whipped something up at 2 am) consisting of corn meal, oats, whole wheat flour with molasses and brown sugar...kind of like a Boston Brown bread if you have ever had that. Oh, what a treat! It was so moist and just bursting with comfort and flavor. He also made a few baguettes, and a chocolate cake for a neighbor. Saturday he made Borche for my grandfather that he still can't stop talking about. And drum roll, on Sunday he made a mushroom/onion/garlic/ginger/Chinese 5 spice stuffed Chicken breast with Asian Rice noodles, stir fry veggies with an incredible peanut sauce. We Skipped Dessert, since we are still not both feeling well.
And this was a more low key weekend. He is always trying to out do his bread recipes that he comes up with, there is always some amazing dish that I keep trying to get him to write down, and he has yet to. THe truth is, this is his therapy. I sure don't mind! Maybe his show should be called "Weekend Therapy". We always feel so much better.
In the mean time, however, my husband still manages to cook up a storm on the weekends. We call it "The Weekend Gourmet". Someday he wants to have a show on Food Network called the Weekend Gourmet...or at least open a B&B when we retire so that he can just go to town on serving incredible food to the people he loves and meets.
This weekend, he managed to make "midnight bread" (Ian was up coughing bad in the middle of the night, and Kenneth couldn't go back to sleep, so he whipped something up at 2 am) consisting of corn meal, oats, whole wheat flour with molasses and brown sugar...kind of like a Boston Brown bread if you have ever had that. Oh, what a treat! It was so moist and just bursting with comfort and flavor. He also made a few baguettes, and a chocolate cake for a neighbor. Saturday he made Borche for my grandfather that he still can't stop talking about. And drum roll, on Sunday he made a mushroom/onion/garlic/ginger/Chinese 5 spice stuffed Chicken breast with Asian Rice noodles, stir fry veggies with an incredible peanut sauce. We Skipped Dessert, since we are still not both feeling well.
And this was a more low key weekend. He is always trying to out do his bread recipes that he comes up with, there is always some amazing dish that I keep trying to get him to write down, and he has yet to. THe truth is, this is his therapy. I sure don't mind! Maybe his show should be called "Weekend Therapy". We always feel so much better.




1 comment:
Wow!!! I 'm hungry - my husband and I love to cook as well - I think that he also finds it really therapeutic.
Post a Comment