
Ok. It's official. I am going on vacation. Not just any vacation. Hawaii. 2 weeks. No email. No computer. Husband's orders.
My husband's family is cramming all together in a 2 week vacation on the beach. I am more than ecstatic. My mother's side of the family has lived in Hawaii since the early 30's. So my roots are deep there. But this is a first for my husband's side, and I can't wait!
But this translates into a few things:
Shop will be closed June 10th -June 23rd.
This is the longest break I have ever taken.
(In my 7 month career on ETSY).
But it is much needed.
Sometimes I wish I was like these dear artists who have a lot more time on their hands to make make make. But then I pinch myself and realize that my time is filled with diapers, dressups, tantrums, tickles, messes, lullabies and kisses and I wouldn't have it any other way! My time to be creative is limited to a couple hours a week (which is not enough for my art brain that doesn't ever shut off!). But though I wish I had creative time everyday, I would be wishing my truest joy away: being a mom.
Everyone needs breaks from the go-go-go of real life. Charging the battery is key. Being truly alive is everything. Breathing and listening is vital to any scheduled day.
So, folks. There are just a few more days to order before I leave for two weeks. If you have been itching to get something, my last day at the post office is on Monday June 9th.
Oh, and a lot of you have been dying to see my studio...well, I drew a picture of it for you above. Isn't it cute?? My bike is parked on the side and you can borrow it while I am gone. Just bring it back.




10 comments:
I hope the entire family has a great time in Hawaii!
Have fun,
Tania
Have a wonderful, refreshing, relaxing vacation!
:)
ah...a much needed vacation. We too are going away for 1 week at the end of the month. I can hardly wait.
Have a great time in Hawaii!
Have a wonderful vacation, Sarah. I can't wait to see your Hawaiian inspired art when you get back! Aloha!
Enjoy your time off...soak up some Hawaiian Sun for me!
Oh, that picture is darling! Have fun on your trip, I wish i was going:)
Have fun in Hawaii! I have only ever been to Kauai (and it was for work) but it's just gorgeous there!
:) Becky
http://www.stinkylemsky.typepad.com/
Sarah, I hope you have a wonderful getaway in Hawaii - sounds like bliss.
Love
Elise
Bonnes vacances!
Wow! Have a great time! See you when you get back! We got a zoo pass so now we can go together!
Post a Comment