Wednesday, May 28, 2008

architectural stationary for the sentimental heart.


One of those nights where I start drawing to just draw. (This is so important for me...I have some 'projects' I am working on and I have to keep tricking my hands that they aren't working). Started as Dollhouses. Morphed into Houses. Morphed into Pattern. Morphed into greeting card. Morphed into a 'goodbye' card for my next-door neighbor of 3 years moving on Saturday. The inside of the card says "Come over sometime."

Then I wished I lived in one of these houses.

Only bigger.

Well, maybe just people size.

I'd keep the pink roof. But then I'd paint it so my husband would want to live with me.

7 comments:

Artfulife said...

Did you find someone to sew Addie's dress? I am very interested in trading art for sewing,or art for art if you have already found someone to sew the dress. Please let me know!

Elise said...

Hi Sarah

This is so sweet and the perfect card to give a neighbour who is moving away.

Love
Elise

Vana said...

Sarah

This is amazing! I have been thinking for a while to start an architectural stationery series (using my architectural background) but yours are far more interesting. I would love to be your neighbor in that little 'village'...a pink roof ought to do it for me as well.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me exactly of:
http://theblackapple.typepad.com/inside_a_black_apple/2008/05/snippets.html

Meg said...

Cutest card ever. I need a couple of those. Are you going to print them soon? Hawaii in 13 days, by the way. :)

Ashley said...

adorable. i love it!

julie king said...

so cute. i came to your blog from simply sentimental's. i love your work!