

We are back from our trip, and missing the festive autumn weather.
We had so much fun going to the pumpkin patch, the national zoo, seeing friends and just being outside in the trees. Addie and Ian were in heaven with Kaile, Nani and Papa. It's so hard to live far away!





Getting home from Maryland was an adventure. We missed our plane by about 2 minutes and after catching our breath from running (sprinting) with two babies and all of their “stuff’ the entire length of the airport (most people take shuttles) we found out that there wasn’t any more room, and the plane was going to leave with out us. So, my children resorted to screaming in public not for the what-would-have-been four hour flight but now for the what-ended-up-to-be 10 hours of connections and flying time. 14 hours total including driving. It wouldn’t have been hard if my children could sleep. Addie didn’t go to bed until her exhausted body got into her crib…2:30 am her time. Ian did fall asleep after a big fight at 11pm his time. This was bad. They are asleep by 7 pm usually, so you can imagine. At one point, when the entire plane going to SLC had to re-ticket all of its passengers right at boarding (imagine big mob in front of ticket counter at 9:30 pm) I am holding Ian who is not wanting to be held. He is biting me, and crying poor thing. I finally just said…”let me just hold a big sign that says “would everybody please stare at me?” At least it made a few people laugh. It really wasn’t that bad of a trip…I just felt bad for my kids who just can’t sleep!!
Saturday was starting to get back to normal, but evidently not.
I was out shopping for an hour and a half before my own mother pointed this out to me:

I had no idea!!! I couldn’t stop laughing. It had been one of those weekends!
But, I am now back into the swing of things, and creating new prints! I have SO many drafted or in my head…I just can’t keep up with it! I keep a notebook by my bed for the ideas I come up with before I fall asleep. I have to hurry and sketch them out or else I can’t sleep. I am excited for what is to come. Lots of “sets” coming, and more…more…more!






Now we are looking forward to Halloween…Addie is, of course, going to be a princess, and Ian…well, we still haven’t found a frog costume. Frog prince that is:)
5 comments:
Fall is definitely my favorite time of year. I really miss seeing my Georgia mountains at this time of year. How funny about your shoes! And that it took so long for anyone to notice.
I adore your prints. They are youthful, playful, magical.
I hope you don't mind my dropping in. I clicked on a link from Scribbit's blog.
Sarah, you make me laugh! Your shoes are a crack up! It is so nice to know that other people have those kind of days too. Also, it is really nice to have you home.
oh my, i have so been there! that airport story is one for the books.
your new bunnies are darling. i can only imagine what your will come up for wonderful easter prints for all of us to have in our home.
What a fun blog. I also LOVE your stuff and your style. I was wondering if you ever do pictures of little girls and boys that are not white? I have two little african american children and am always on the lookout for things that look like them....
The vintagy Halloween things are wonderful. Your style is the simple and sweet kind of thing I have been looking for. I also understand that it might not be worth doing a whole run of printing for "brown" babies, but could we talk about what a custom print would be. I am currently trying to find something for the walls of our playroom/nook.
Thanks!
Hi there; found you off Kristi's blog. I have to compliment you on your AMAZING prints. I've never seen anything like them & I can't wait 'til I can buy up a bunch of them. I love Bunny in Blue. Great work!
Post a Comment