Wednesday, April 11, 2007

walk like a man.



Ian is a new man. These pictures were the VERY first steps he ever took, about a month ago at the park. But since then, he just wasn't very interested...I guess I could have bought Doritos for him, but I wasn't up for that. However....dun dun dun dun.... on April 7th, just last Saturday, Ian officially is a walker!!! He literally made the decision to walk, and hasn't stopped since.

Kenneth and I were helping him practice by holding up a box of wheat thins, and he would walk a few steps towards it. Kenneth and I took turns holding the box, and he would walk back and forth between us, until we moved apart so that he was walking the entire distance of the room...about 14 steps! There was so much laughter and tickles and hugs (and yummy crackers) that he didn't want to stop! He loved all the attention, and soon, the crackers were gone, but he wanted to keep it up! He LOVES to walk now, and feels SO confident when he does! He walks down the hallway with this HUGE smile on his face. It is the best feeling to see your child feel a sense of accomplishment.

In the mean time, Addie was on the side lines going 'one...two...three...jump!' She would walk a few paces and then fall down, expecting to get a big applause...which she did. It was so cute.

Ian is just a new man. He has a cute boy haircut, he is walking, and he said Mamma for the first time. That is his first word! We think he also says "Hi" and "Amen". So cute! He is really babbling all the time now...especially when he has a full tummy I have noticed:) This is when personality really starts coming out...and I love it! I love you Ian!!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laura said...

congrats on the next stage in your life sarah...now with two walking children they aren't babies anymore! This is so exciting!