Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Design challenge



I feel stuck. I am realizing that I love too many things! And this is bad! Not like I have anything to really do about it, but it is just getting to me! I love design and decorating, and I feel like I just don't know my style. It keeps changing, or I keep changing, or I get introduced to knew things, but can't let go of the old ones. Is this normal? I love clean lines, yet the elegance of a curve or embelishment...I love rich and warm, yet cool and light. I love the comfort of cottage and traditional, yet the intrigue and crisp lines of contemporaty and modern. I am a mess! I am not in a position to really change anything of mine right now, but it is nice to know what you love so that you are always on the look out. is there such thing as design therapy?


















So, now looking at these pics, I gues I have a real love for old meets new. But I just wish my tastes were more narrow. we'll see what happens! In the mean time, I will keep dreaming up what my home would look like....I just wish I knew!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ditto. I really love the 1st and 3rd and last picture. Good picks! It's tricky. I am just reassured by how long it will take before I can decorate my house just like I want it--by then I should have a more defined style.
(And I think it doesn't hurt to have an all over the place "style." Mixing is good, right?)

Adrienne said...

I have the same problem! I love the clean uncluttered look of contemporary lines but the warmth and hominess of cottage style. I am style confused as well! How will I ever know what I wan t and will still want years to come??

Hannah S said...

I agree. Looking at your home last week gave me some new ideas but visiting other peoples' homes, including my parents, gives me even more....one day when I actually get to paint and decorate, I hope I'll know.